STRENGTH IN SPIRIT, UNITED AS COMMUNITY
Around 140 years ago, Kanbi families from Baladia, Naranpur, Meghpur, Dahisara,
Rampur, Manukwa and Sukhpur came to Bharapur to farm the land around the
village which belonged to the Khawja and Shatri (Jadeja) clans. They lived
communally in Joghani and Khanna areas of Bharapur.
A request was made to the King of Kutch, Maharo Khengarji III for further
permanent land to farm and live on. The Kings Foi, Sujaba gave land on
the west of Bharapur to the Kanbi’s in 1886. To appreciate her generosity
and leave her name immortal, the new Village was called Sujapar.